Category: Software Development
Location: New York, NY
How to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
FamilyBuilder.com develops PHP applications for online social networks. This includes Facebook, Bebo, Orkut, MySpace, and Hi5. The applications serve millions of users worldwide. We are looking for someone special who is interested in taking on a challenge and truly loves his/her work.
The position will assist the CTO in managing the hosting infrastructure while monitoring software development both domestic and offshore. Candidates should be prepared to engage in code review with software teams and CTO. The candidate should be able to identify issues in source quickly and posses good troubleshooting skills. Candidate should understand principals of application scaling and resource utilization.
This is a PAID position and pay will depend on experience. We will require a minimum hourly commitment of 15/week.
The ideal candidate will have a background in, and will be excited to learn and work with, the following:
- LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP)
- AWS – Amazon Web Services (High Performance Creative Use – Learning opportunity)
- Linux Server Administration – General understanding
- PHP Command-line Scripting
- Shell Scripting
- PERL is very helpful – light understanding is acceptable
- Apache Administration
- MySQL administration
- PHP Programming – adherence to best practices with emphasis on documentation
- Linux OS command line comfortable
- Statistics and Mathematics a plus
- Eclipse/Zend other IDE
- SVN familiar