Facebook has added 65 new job listings on its jobs page while removing 51 listings. From the new job listings, it appears that Facebook is looking to strengthen its small business relations worldwide with significant small business listings in both Asia and Australia. It also looking for a key executive in Ireland listing a Head of Policy position.
Of the 51 listings removed, it appears that Facebook has made some key hires for product managers. Though there have been some significant product designer departures, the company has removed both Mobile and Payments product manager positions based out of Menlo Park.
Instagram is making moves to take its platform beyond its mobile applications. Today, the photo sharing application has made it easier to share photos and videos with web embedding. Users can now go to their Instagram web feeds to obtain a sharing embed code. It will usable for any site with HTML supported site.
Photos and video embeds provide the same features available on the Instagram webfeed, allowing users to like and comment. All embedded content will also appear with the uploader’s Instagram username and clicking the Instagram logo will bring people to their page on Instagram.com.
Enterprise marketing technology company Unified has hired Roger Clark from Interclick as CFO. Clark assisted in the sale of Interclick to Yahoo! at $270 million. In addition to this key hire, Unified has also added a number of advisors spanning from Yahoo, Adweek, IBM and MTV. The company says that it has also gained a number of high-profile customers such as Toyota and Microsoft to its 400 enterprise customers and its agencies.
New York and France-based social marketing platform start-up, Tigerlily, debuted a new tool entitled Monitoring Insights, a supplement to its Insights tool. The new tool helps page managers analyze messages and actions made on Facebook pages. It helps to provide a clear and accurate view of moderation activities such as measuring the amount of engagement in real time. It will also help to see which posts are receiving negative feedback to provide a more comprehensive view of the page.
Facebook has added 13 new job listings to its careers page. The company seems to have made some key hires in Sales operations with the hiring of a Sales Operation Analyst as well as a Sales and Marketing Tools Engineer based out of its Menlo Park offices. It also looks to be hiring a User Support Experience Lead to strengthen design and user experience.
ABSOLUT is this week’s top gaining wine and spirit page in the People Talking About This metric. The page has seen a 3 million increase in engagements, likely merging multiple pages into a single global page.
This list of top gaining wine and spirit pages is compiled with PageData, which tracks page growth and engagement across Facebook.
||People Talking About
|| Tanduay Rhum official
|| Gentleman Jack
|| Johnnie Walker
|| Malibu Rum
|| Jack Daniel’s México
|| Jack Daniel’s Tennessee W…
|| Johnnie Walker Thailand
Earlier this month, Facebook announced that it would be officially ending Facebook Payments on September 12. Instead, Facebook will begin using the local currency payments application programming interface (API), making in-app purchases a simpler experience for users.
Though the social network has said that it would be depreciating Facebook-sponsored support for e-commerce payment system, TrialPay offers can still be a viable option for developers interested in utilizing offer walls. Developers must now make direct calls to TrialPay to access offers. Many developers already use this today, but the September deadline will force them to shift toward this option.
POSSIBLE and Wildfire
Global brand agency POSSIBLE announced that it has started a strategic partnership with social technology company Wildfire. The terms of the deal will provide POSSIBLE global clients that utilize Wildfire Social Marketing Suite with more platform capabilities, providing a more holistic view of how social fits into social strategies. Jason Burby, Chief Performance Marketing Officer at POSSIBLE, said in a statement, ”By combining the Google social media management and analytics platforms with our strength in optimization, targeting and high-performance content development, we can deliver an unbeatable combination for bringing brands closer to their customers.”
Social media analytics company Socialbakers has launched Ad Audit, a free Facebook ad performance and analytics service. The new tool will help Facebook advertisers see which ads are performing worst or best as well as organize most successful ads by position, ad type and region. It will also provide users with a summary of total expenses too track total effectiveness of the ad campaign. The tool requires users to sign in with their page’s Facebook page. The report is fully customizable.
Facebook has removed 16 job listings from its careers page including a major position in the manager of Public Policy based out of France.
Listings removed from Facebook’s careers page:
- Manager, Public Policy, France (Paris)
- Construction Project Manager (Contract) (Singapore)
- Customs and Trade Manager (Menlo Park)
- Finance Manager – Data Center Infrastructure (Menlo Park)
- Technical Account Manager – Facebook Exchange, PMD Program (Menlo Park)
- Team Lead, Product Operations (Menlo Park)
- Advertising Technical Support Engineer (Seattle)
- Internal Product Manager, Recruiting and People Tools (Menlo Park)
- eCrime Investigator (Austin – Menlo Park)
- Data Center Network Technician (Hong Kong – Malaysia – Seoul – Singapore)
- Data Center Technical Operations Manager (ATN) (Altoona)
- Environmental Health and Safety Engineer (Menlo Park)
- Analyst, Risk Operations (Hyderabad) (Hyderabad)
- Specialist, Risk Operations (Hyderabad) (Hyderabad)
- Intellectual Property Associate, User Operations (Menlo Park)
- Sales Operations Project Manager (MPK), Strategic Client Services (Menlo Park)
- Data Analyst (London)
Facebook has added 17 new job listings on its careers page including a new FBX partner manager position based out of Menlo Park. This person would be working closely with PMDs as Facebook looks to strengthen the program.
New listings added to Facebook’s careers page:
- Partner Solutions Engineer (Menlo Park)
- Software Engineer, Network (Menlo Park)
- Software Engineer, Traffic Infrastructure (Menlo Park)
- Executive Communications Associate (Menlo Park)
- Global Policy Director (Menlo Park)
- Facebook Exchange (FBX) Partner Manager, PMD Program (Menlo Park)
- Entity Quality Rater (Menlo Park)
- Research Participant Recruiter (Menlo Park)
- Data Center Technical Operations Manager (ATN) (Altoona)
- Systems Engineer (Menlo Park)
- Sr. Event Producer, Global Marketing Solutions (Menlo Park)
- Community Support Specialist, User Operations (Menlo Park)
- Business Development Manager (Menlo Park)
- Associate, Media Solutions (Mumbai)
- Sales Engineer (New York)
- Strategic Partner Development – TV (Sydney)
- Manager, Mid Market, eCommerce (Singapore)
After speculation about a news reader or even a new blogging platform, Facebook and Instagram finally set the record straight today. Instagram has debuted video sharing to its application as announced at Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park, Calif. on Thursday. Live now for iOS and Android devices, users will now be able to share and edit video complete with Instagram’s famous filters.
Instagram users will now be able to share 15 second videos natively in the application. Video is taken by pressing and holding the record button on the touch screen with the ability to delete specific clips users may not want. Once the user has finished recording, they can then add one of the 13 filters to the video and share with friends.
Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom says the goal of Instagram has always been to share memories and moments in visual form. He ensured that the addition of video will still maintain the experience of Instagram highlighting the app’s speed, simplicity and beauty. With this in mind, the company has also introduced a new video stabilization tool called Cinema which helps to prevent shaky video captures.