Droga5, Heineken USA earn highest honor at Facebook Studio Awards
Facebook has announced the winners of the 2014 Facebook Studio Awards, celebrating the best in creative storytelling on the social network’s platform.
If We Made It, a campaign by Droga5 for Heineken USA earned the highest honor — Facebook’s blue award — for an Super Bowl ad featuring Newcastle Brown Ale. The video ad parodied the frenzied spending by many brands during the Super Bowl and starred actress Anna Kendrick and former football star Keyshawn Johnson. It showed what Newcastle would have done had they paid big bucks for a Super Bowl commercial, with party sharks and battle apes.
By going through Facebook instead of TV, this campaign generated more than 56.5 impressions, 1.3 million engagement, 1.16 million video views, 69,000 likes, 16,000 shares and 8,000 comics. The non-commercial commercial was also praised by outlets such as CNN and Forbes.
Overall, the ad earned more than 600 earned media placements and 1 billion impressions. The ad generated a 416 percent lift in brand conversation, with a fraction of the spend of a Super Bowl ad. Purchase consideration grew by 19 percent among target audiences.
Facebook’s Chief Creative Officer, Mark D’Arcy, described how important the Facebook Studio Awards are:
We talk a lot about the revolution happening in technology, but this is paralleled by a creative revolution of equal value. The Studio Awards don’t simply celebrate the best work; they shine a spotlight on the brands and agencies who are accelerating this change, connecting to the people that really matter and driving growth in their business.
Find out below who else won awards for Facebook advertising.
- If We Made It — Droga5 and Heineken USA (USA)
Blue for Good
- Trial by Timeline — Colenso BBDO / AIM Proximity and Amnesty International (New Zealand)
- Bentley Burial — Leo Burnett Tailor Made and Brazilian Association of Organ Transplant (Brazil)
- Try My Hybrid — Saatchi & Saatchi Norway and Toyota Norway (Norway)
- Leon Vivien — DDB Paris and Musee de la Grande Guerre (France)
- Wendy’s Bacon Portabella Melt on Brioche — VML and Wendy’s (USA)
- The Most Powerful Arm — Finch and Save Our Sons & Duchenne Foundation (Australia)
- The Smart Phone Line — Colenso BBDO / AIM Proximity and Samsung New Zealand (New Zealand)
- FootifyFM — Clemenger BBDO and National Australia Bank (Australia)
- Social Flyer — North Strategic and SportChek (Canada)
- The Longest Bench In The World — Contexta and SO Appenzeller GmbH (Switzerland)
- The Hornbach Hammer — HEIMAT Berlin and AG Hornbach Baumarkt (Germany)
- Reclaim Your Angus — 72andSunny and CKE (USA)
- Made By You Issue — FoxyMoron and Worldwide Media (India)
- Playland Hot Seat — Rethink Communications and Playland (Canada)
Click here to see all of the campaigns.