Facebook updates schedule for F8 conference
Facebook is gearing up for its F8 conference on April 30, which will feature discussions from CEO Mark Zuckerberg, as well as developers from Instagram and Parse.
Facebook recently posted a partial schedule for F8, kicked off by a keynote speech from Zuckerberg.
Click below to see the future highlights of the conference, which will be held in San Francisco.
10 a.m.: Mark Zuckerberg keynote (as well as other speakers)
11:30 a.m.: Lunch break
Build (sessions that focus on building cross-platform apps)
- 12:30-3:15 p.m.: TBA
- 3:45-4:30 p.m.: Getting Started With Parse (Bear Douglas, Developer Advocate at Facebook)
- 4:45-5:30 p.m.: TBA
Grow (sessions focusing on building a user base)
- 12:30-1:15 p.m.: Using Advertising to Reach the Right People at Scale (Stephanie Shum, Product Manager at Facebook and Calvin Grunewald, Software Engineer at Facebook)
- 1:30 p.m.-2:15 p.m.: Solving the Discovery Dilemma for Games (Constantin Koumouzelis, Product Manager at Facebook and Vishu Gupta, Engineering Manager at Facebook)
- 2:30 p.m.-3:15 p.m.: From Lapsed to Loyal: Mobile Engagement Strategies (John Ketchpaw, Software Engineer at Facebook and Robby Banks, Product Analyst at Facebook)
- 3:45 p.m.-4:30 p.m. Sourcing and Distribution of Social Content for Media (Andy Mitchell, Business Development Director at Facebook and Christopher Turitzin, Product Manager at Facebook)
- 4:45 p.m.-5:30 p.m.: TBA
Monetize (sessions aimed at getting a return on investment)
- 12:30 p.m.-1:15 p.m.: Leveraging Facebook for Ecommerce (Nicolas Franchet, Head of Retail & E-Commerce, Global Vertical Strategy at Facebook and Emma Rodgers, Segment Lead, Product Marketing at Facebook)
- 1:30 p.m.-2:15 p.m.: Disruptive Mobile Businesses (Ime Archibong, Business Development Manager at Facebook & panel TBA)
- 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.: TBA
- 4:45 p.m.-5:30 p.m.: Small Changes, Big Payoffs (Sharon Zeng, Product Manager at Facebook and Pratap Prabhu, Engineering Manager at Facebook)
Hacker Way (learn about the unique challenges of scale that Facebook designers and engineers face)
- 12:30 p.m.-1:15 p.m.: Rethinking Web App Development at Facebook (Tom Occhino, Engineering Manager at Facebook, Pete Hunt, Engineering Manager at Facebook and Jing Chen, Software Engineer at Facebook)
- 1:30 p.m.-2:15 p.m.: Facebook’s High-Performance Server Infrastructure (Joel Pobar, Engineering Manager at Facebook, Julien Verlaguet, Software Engineer at Facebook, Edwin Smith, Software Engineer at Facebook)
- 2:30 p.m.-3:15 p.m.: Designing the New Messenger (Luke Woods, Product Design Manager at Facebook)
- 3:45 p.m.-4:30 p.m.: Mobile Engineering at Facebook’s Scale (Tom Alison, Engineering Director at Facebook, Scott Goodson, Engineering Manager at Facebook, Jenny Yuen, Research Scientist at Facebook)
- 4:45 p.m.-5:30 p.m.: Releasing & Optimizing Mobile Apps for the World (Chuck Rossi and Christian Legnitto, Engineering Managers at Facebook)
Facebook will also bring the Internet.org Innovation Lab to F8, allowing developers to test their apps and simulated environments and preview the venture’s latest technology before it opens to the public.
The F8 keynote and afternoon session will be live streamed all day. You can sign up to be notified when the live stream starts here.