Point, shoot, and share: Canon to debut Facebook-ready PowerShotN camera in September
Years of speculation about a Facebook phone may or may not have been quelled with the debut of the HTC First in April, but what about a Facebook camera? Canon is currently accepting pre-orders exclusively on its online store for the Facebook-ready PowerShotN, which is set for a September release.
The camera enables one-click sharing to Facebook via a button with the social network’s logo, via built-in Wi-Fi, which also allows users to upload images to PCs, iOS devices, and Android devices.
Other features of the Facebook-ready PowerShotN include:
- A 2.8-inch tilt-type touch screen.
- The ability to shoot diagonally, horizontally, and from low or high angles.
- Creative Shot mode for artistic image capture, automatically creating five additional unique images every time users take shots.
- A 12.1-megapixel high-sensitivity CMOS sensor.
- A DIGIC 5 image processor.
- Eight times optical zoom with a 28-millimeter wide-angle lens.
The Facebook-ready PowerShotN is available for pre-order for $299.99
Readers: Do you think there will be a market for the Facebook-ready PowerShotN or cameras with similar Facebook-centric features, considering the popularity and quality of cameras on smartphones?