Facebook loses U.S. sales lead Tom Arrix
Facebook’s sales team suffered another blow Tuesday as the company’s head of U.S. sales, Tom Arrix, announced that he is leaving the company. Arrix, who has been with Facebook since 2006, has not yet announced where he’s going. According to AllThingsD, Facebook’s vice president of global marketing solutions Carolyn Everson will take over for Arrix until a replacement is found.
Arrix said his goodbyes Tuesday morning in a public Facebook post:
I want to let you all know that I’ll be leaving Facebook and plan to spend a lot of time with my family over rest of the summer. This was an incredibly difficult decision to make. I feel strongly that the work I set out to take on here at FB is complete, we built the foundation for the future of our Ads business. And because of that, it’s an ideal time for me to move on. I’m really excited to take some time but so energized to explore what’s next to build.
A transition after seven amazing years isn’t easy, but I’m incredibly confident in our teams and the leadership we have in place. You are all world class and I could not be more proud of what we’ve accomplished together here at Facebook. We crafted a vision that allowed marketers to better connect their brands with people, we started from scratch and built a multi-billion dollar business, we adopted and excelled at mobile advertising faster than anyone could imagine and we have the most passionate and amazing teammates around the world. In short, we have risen to every single challenge put in front if us, because collectively, we are the strongest team and company out there. In my heart, I know the best is yet to come, and I can’t wait to see what Facebook accomplishes in the years ahead.
Facebook issued this statement on Arrix’s departure:
Tom was an early and integral member of Facebook’s global sales efforts. He leaves a great legacy at Facebook and we wish nothing but the best for him in the future.
There has been something of an exodus lately with high-profile Facebook positions.
- June 27: Facebook ad targeting manager Antonio Garcia-Martinez joins Nanigans.
- July 3: Facebook stickers designer Sophie Xie leaves to help launch Dolo, a hyper-local app for San Francisco’s Dolores Park.
- July 9: Asia Pacific ad director Sunita Kaur joins Spotify.
- July 10: European ad and growth director Christian Hernandez leaves Facebook for White Star Capital.
- July 15: Gowalla Co-Founder Josh Williams (Facebook’s product manager for pages, locations and events) and Instagram designer Tim Van Damme depart Facebook. Williams is reportedly staying in San Francisco to launch a new company, while Van Damme will join Dropbox.
Readers: Why do you think so many Facebook employees are leaving the company?
Image courtesy of AllThingsD.