Facebook hires and departures: Japan, DC, legal, global marketing, measurement, more
Facebook has hired Atsushi Iwashita as its Managing Director in Japan, according to AsiaJin. Iwashita was most recently CEO of brand consultancy firm Interbrand Japan and previously served as CMO of McDonald’s Japan. Facebook has been growing quickly in the region, recently surpassing local competitor Mixi. Earlier this week Mixi replaced its founding CEO with 30-year-old Yusuke Asakura.
Catlin O’Neill, chief of staff to Rep. Nancy Pelosi, will join Facebook’s lobbying efforts in Washington, The Hill reports. She will join Greg Maurer, a former aide to Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), and Chris Herndon, a former Republican House and Senate aide, on Facebook’s House lobbying team. O’Neill had worked for Pelosi since 2002.
Facebook Director of Communications Larry Yu this week announced that he would be leaving the company to work with friends on building The Pramana Collective, a new communications consultancy for startups. Yu had been with Facebook since August 2008.
Facebook also removed 28 positions from its careers page this week, likely after making hires in the areas of user operations, account management, global marketing, measurement and others. The company appears to have hired commercial and patent counsel, heads of agency and CPG relationships in Sydney, and a public content partnerships analyst, among others.
Prior listings removed from Facebook’s careers page:
- Executive Administrative Assistant to COO (Menlo Park)
- Commercial Counsel (Menlo Park)
- Patent Counsel (Menlo Park)
- Associate Manager, Public Policy (New York – Washington – Menlo Park)
- Manager, Technology Communications (Mobile) (Menlo Park)
- Merchant Operations Analyst (Menlo Park)
- HR Specialist (Contract) (Dublin)
- HR Specialist (Austin)
- Leadership Sourcer – Contractor (Menlo Park)
- Critical Facility Technician (Forest City)
- Measurement Partnership Manager (Menlo Park)
- Analyst, User Operations, Brazilian Portuguese (Dublin)
- Analyst, User Operations, Russian (Dublin)
- Team Lead, User Operations (Austin)
- Public Content Partnerships Analyst (Menlo Park)
- Account Manager, Polish (Dublin)
- Account Specialist, Strategic Client Services (Dublin)
- Agency Partner, Sub Saharan Africa (Dubai)
- Partner Manager, Preferred Marketing Developer, CEEMEA (Dublin)
- Agency Relationship Manager, Global Marketing Solutions (Sydney)
- Head of Agency (Sydney)
- Head of CPG (Sydney)
- Client Partner, Games & Mobile (Menlo Park)
- Client Partner, Mobile (Chicago)
- Client Partner, Technology/Telecommunications (Menlo Park)
- Manager, Global Marketing Solutions – CPG (Austin)
- Data Engineer, Data Warehouse (Menlo Park)
- Measurement Partnership Researcher (London)
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.