Facebook careers: public content analysis, mobile operator partnerships, creative strategy and more
Facebook is looking for a Public Content Partnerships Analyst, which could be related to a new push for more public content from users and popular figures.
The job description says, “The Public Content Partnerships team is looking for a business and data analyst with a passion for media, popular culture and social technology to help drive informed business decisions for Facebook.” Responsibilities include, “Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to communicate how our partners engage with our product.” An ”understanding of public figure use of social media” is a preferred requirement.
Facebook added a subscribe — now called “follow” — option in September 2011, and there have been reports that Facebook could introduce hashtags into its service as well. The company has recently added a number of job listings related to strategic partner development, such as roles focused on entertainment companies and public figures in Brazil and Asia, as well as musicians and athletes in the U.S. Facebook also seems to have hired a data editor to help visualize and share “the many exciting ways people are using Facebook and connecting with others during global events, holidays and other significant moments in time,” according to a job post added in March and removed last week.
Another new job this week is for Mobile Partnerships, Head of North American Operator Partnerships. This is likely to build more relationships like the one Facebook has with HTC and AT&T, which resulted in the launch of the HTC First with Facebook Home today.
Facebook added 29 other new positions to its careers page this week, including a number of openings on the creative solutions, UX research and other teams.
- Cluster Operations Engineer (Menlo Park)
- Manager, Corporate Communications (Toronto)
- Product Specialist, User Operations (Palo Alto – Menlo Park)
- Business Sourcer (Menlo Park)
- Recruiting Program Manager – Mergers and Acquisitions (Menlo Park)
- Sourcer, Diversity – NYC (New York)
- Quantitative UX Researcher (Menlo Park)
- UX Research Tools Engineer (Menlo Park)
- UX Researcher (Menlo Park)
- Environmental Health and Safety Engineer (Menlo Park)
- Logistics Program Manager, Asset Management (Menlo Park)
- Sustainability Data Analyst (Menlo Park)
- Network Engineer, Operations (Dublin)
- Manager, Production Engineering (Menlo Park)
- Brand Strategist, Creative Solutions (New York)
- Brand Strategist, Creative Solutions (Chicago)
- Brand Strategist, Creative Solutions (Menlo Park)
- Creative Strategist, Creative Solutions (LA) (Los Angeles)
- Creative Strategist, Creative Solutions (Toronto)
- Creative Strategist ( Paris) (Paris)
- Creative Strategist – Global Creative Solutions (Sydney)
- Creative Strategist (Singapore)
- Mobile Partnerships, Head of North American Operator Partnerships (Menlo Park)
- Media Solutions, Swedish (Dublin)
- Account Specialist (Singapore), Strategic Client Services (Singapore)
- Associate Account Manager (Contract) (Singapore) (Singapore)
- Client Partner Mexico (Mexico City)
- Team Assistant (half time – contract) (Warsaw)
- Client Partner, Travel (Menlo Park)
- Lead, Global Marketing Solutions – CPG (Menlo Park)
- Public Content Partnerships Analyst (Menlo Park)
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.