Facebook platform industry update: Glow raises $1.3M; Offerpop makes hires
Glow Digital Media, a Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Developer specializing in ads, today announced it has closed $1.3 million in seed funding.
The U.K. company also announced that it is expanding to the U.S. by opening an office in Los Angeles.
With its social ad platform Glow Machine, Glow was named one of 12 Strategic PMDs in September 2012. SPMDs get access to Facebook alpha and beta products, as well as more support from Facebook’s business, product and engineering teams. Glow says it has more than 80 brands and agencies as clients, including King.com, Blue Ant Media, Bacardi, Kraft and Mercedes Benz.
Platform Industry Hires
Offerpop picked up a director of sales, director of client services, two senior developers and a business development representative.
- P.J. Franovic, Sales Director - former Manager of Inside Sales at Gilt City.
- Phil Rosen, Senior Developer - former Lead Developer and Co-founder at Media AMP.
- Manisha Shah, Director of Client Services – former Director of Client Services at Experian CheetahMail.
- Tim Shilstone, Business Development Representative - former Business Development Intern at Bala Real Estate.
- Adam Pan, Senior Developer - former Senior Software Engineer at Nexus Research Intelligence Inc.