Facebook hires and departures: Googler joins Facebook Sydney, other international positions filled
Facebook made a high profile hire this week for its Sydney office, picking up Google Asia-Pacific Head of Mobile and Social William Easton to lead its operations in Australia and New Zealand.
Facebook also removed 18 job listings from its careers page this week, likely after making hires in the areas of user operations, data analysis, account management and others.
Two employees announced their departure from the company this week on their Facebook profiles. Software engineer Justin Bishop, who joined the company in 2008, is planning to travel for the next four years. Product manager Russ Heddleston, who worked on the pages product, is leaving after nearly a year and a half at Facebook.
Prior listings removed from Facebook’s careers page:
- Developer Advocate (London)
- Developer Operations, Security (Menlo Park)
- Strategic Sourcing Manager – HR and Other Services (Menlo Park)
- Security Project Manager (Menlo Park)
- Regional Logistics Analyst (Forest City)
- Manager, Data Center Provisioning (Menlo Park)
- Partner Engineer, Games (Menlo Park)
- Associate, Marketing Communications, Education (Menlo Park)
- Ad Billing Support Rep (Contract) (Austin)
- Ads Fraud Specialist (Austin)
- Ads Risk Analyst (Contract) (Austin)
- Manager, Analytics (Menlo Park)
- Account Manager, Entertainment (Los Angeles)
- Manager, Mobile Partnerships (Menlo Park)
- Account Manager, Benelux (Dublin)
- SMB Regional Manager APAC (Singapore) (Singapore)
- Head of Sales UK (London)
- Custom Market Insights (São Paulo)
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.