New App Metrics for Facebook Developers
Facebook today announced in a note to developers that new application engagement metrics will soon become available in the Facebook Developer application. Specifically, the following new metrics will be added:
- Number of active users during the past 7 days
- Number of active users during the past 30 days
- Number of canvas page views
- Number of unique canvas page viewers
- Number of API calls made
- Number of unique users on whose behalf your application made API calls
- Average HTTP request time for canvas pages
- Average FBML render time for canvas pages
Facebook says adding the 7 and 30 day metrics are “important for many applications, as not every good application has its users interacting with them on a daily basis.” These will certainly be helpful metrics for developers who don’t already track this information themselves.
Do you think Facebook should make the 7 and 30 day data publicly available?